The Audio Engineering Society has declared the incoming officers and governors pursuing the 2022 Board of Directors and Board of Governors elections. The Society’s membership has elected Leslie Gaston-Bird, as president-elect.
“On behalf of the entire Culture,” stated AES president Josh Reiss, “I offer a hearty congratulations to all the freshly elected Governors and officers—we search ahead to your contributions to AES governance. We also offer a heart-felt ‘Thank you’ to all who showed their willingness to serve by accepting a nomination. And these who are leaving the Boards at the conclusion of the year go with our deep gratitude for their service and dedication to the Modern society.”
[AES Announces New Standard for Loudspeaker Measurement] (opens in new tab)
The 2023 Audio Engineering Society Board of Administrators will be:
- Bruce Olson: President
- Joshua Reiss: Earlier-president
- Leslie Gaston-Fowl: President-elect
- Valerie Tyler: Secretary
- Marina Bosi: Treasurer
- Cesar Lamschtein: Director
- One added Director will be named by the Board of Governors for each the AES Bylaws in 2022 Q4.
In addition to the Administrators mentioned earlier mentioned, the 2023 Board of Governors will be:
- Bill Schulenburg: Vice President, Central Location, U.S./Canada
- Ewa Lukasik: Vice President, Central Location, Europe
- Angela Piva: Vice President, Eastern Location, U.S./Canada
- David v.R. Bowles: Vice President, Western Area, U.S./Canada
- Jorge M. Azama: Vice President, Latin American Region
- Jamie Angus-Whiteoak: Vice President, Northern Location, Europe
- Alberto Pinto: Vice President, Southern Europe/Middle East/Africa Region
- Kazuhiko Kawahara: Vice President, Asia-Pacific Region
- Prince Charles Alexander: Governor
- Areti Andreopoulou: Governor
- Toru Kamekawa: Governor
- Hyunkook Lee: Governor
- Lesley Fogle: Governor
- Agnieszka Roginska: Governor
- Jonathan Wyner: Governor
- Marcela Zorro: Governor
Help save for the president-elect, just about every freshly elected particular person will provide a two-12 months phrase and Bosi and Tyler with have their present-day terms prolonged by two yrs. Gaston-Chook will provide a yr on the AES Board of Directors as president-elect, in 2024 as president, in 2025 as earlier-president, followed by two yrs as a governor. All these newly elected will start out their phrases on January 1, 2023.
[AV Network’s top stories, product news, and expert insights] (opens in new tab)
Also on January 1, 2023, recent previous-president Jonathan Wyner will changeover to governor for the 1st yr of a two-year term. Commencing one-year phrases will be president Josh Reiss, who will changeover to past-president, and president-elect Bruce Olson, who will develop into president.
Outgoing from the Board of Governors in 2023 as regional vice presidents are Gabriel Herman (Jap Region, U.S./Canada), Alex Kosiorek (Western Region, U.S./Canada), and Elena Prokofieva (Northern Location, Europe). Governors with terms ending this yr are Brad McCoy, Paul Womack, Jun Yamazaki and governor and past-president (two times eliminated) Nadja Wallaszkovits who completes her five-12 months motivation to the Bathroom. Board of Governors-elected director Brecht De Man’s two-year time period will also stop his substitute on the Board will be named by the Board of Governors in 2022 Q4.
The election was monitored, and the outcomes presented, by Gary Louie, Chair of the AES’s Tellers Committee.